Monday, February 13, 2012

Is the love better in Santa Fe?

If there is one single thing I could do more than what I do. it would be to smile. Yes, there are many things I could do more of but if there were just one, it would be that...
I, all too often, get overwhelmed with life and with work and with, with, with... I forget to stop and take a minute to breathe. To live.

I forget to hug my wife and kids as much as I should.
I don't take time to go out with friends, to relax and have fun!

Toward the end of last year I didn't even have the time to blog weddings. I would post a few images on facebook but I could hardly take the time to write about the weddings. To write about the people we were so blessed to be able to work with. To express my gratitude to them for having us be a part of their weddings.

One wedding in particular, I feel so grateful to have been a part of. Ana and Rob seemed the epitome of those things that I need to be better at. You might recognize them from the blog of their connection session.

You can feel the love and the life in their images. The wedding was not about the location, though the location was beautiful. The wedding was not about the details, not about the favors, not about the food, or drink. It was about the family, the friends, and the love that Ana and rob share.

At one point Desiree walked with the bridal party along the San Francisco street from the La Fonda Hotel to the steps of St Francis Cathedral. I watched from the rooftop of the hotel as Ana and Rob crossed the crosswalk, walked up the stairs and danced in each others arms in the cathedral's courtyard. I heard friends oohing and aahing as they saw their public display of affection. I wanted to run down and join Desiree as she was photographing them. I couldn't join them. I stood there looking through my 200mm zoom. I was like a voyeur, watching a couple falling in love for the first time.

I watched my wife prompting them here and there. I watched her watch them. She photographed them, photographed their emotions and connection. I was able to pause and step out of work and the job and all the running back and forth and just watch a tiny slice of life unfold.

We had a great time that night. It was one of the weddings we waited for and didn't want to leave.






































No comments: